Additional Requirements (Apart from WebSphere Application Server 6.1)
- Microsoft’s Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 Servers with Active Directory domain and associated Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 5.5 or later, Mozilla Firefox Version 1.0, or any other client application that supports SPNEGO mechanism.
- The LDAP Server used by WebSphere and the Windows Active Directory must be the same for the default configuration, if different, then a custom login module (provided with WAS) must be configured to handle authentication.
- The end user must configure the Web browser or .NET application to issue HTTP requests that are processed by the SPNEGO TAI.
- The Web administrator is responsible for configuring the SPNEGO TAI of WebSphere Application Server to respond to HTTP requests of the client.
- The WebSphere Application Server administrator is responsible for configuring WebSphere Application Server and the SPNEGO TAI for optimum installation performance.
- Kerberos version 5 is required.
- RC4-HMAC encryption is only supported when using a Windows 2003 Server as Kerberos key distribution center (KDC) and is not supported with a Windows 2000 Server.