- Single sign-on across multiple web applications, as well as to core services that aren't necessarily web-based but have a web front end.
- Allow untrusted services offered by organizations other than ITS to authenticate users without having access to their passwords.
- Simplify procedures that applications need to follow in order to perform authentication.
- Localize authentication to a single web application, which makes it easier for users to safeguard their passwords and which lets ITS change authentication logic if necessary without having to change numerous applications.
- Acegi Security framework provides integration with CAS for implementing Single Sign-On for applications implementing acegi security.
Monday, July 10, 2006
Single Sign-On with JA-SIG CAS
The JA-SIG Central Authentication Service was originally developed by Yale University. It has since become a JA-SIG project. JA-SIG CAS provides the following features for web applications and also to non web based services which have a web front end