- Flexible, extensible, high performance distributed caching. The default implementation supports cache discovery via multicast or manual configuration. Updates are delivered either asynchronously or synchronously via custom RMI connections. Additional discovery or delivery schemes can be plugged in by third parties.
- New FIFO and LFU caching policies in addition to the standard LRU.
- Introduced CacheManagerEventListener and CacheEventListener interfaces and default implementations.
- Multiple CacheManagers per virtual machine.
- Programmatic flushing of application state to persistent caches
- Significant (up to 7 fold) DiskStore performance increases.
- API for Objects in addition to Serializable. Non-serializable Objects can use all parts of ehcache except for DiskStore and replication. Two new methods on Element: getObjectValue and getKeyValue are the only API differences between the Serializable and Object APIs.
- Backward Compatibility with ehcache-1.1. All users of ehcache-1.1 should be able to upgrade to ehcache-1.2.
- Tested with Hibernate2.1.8 and Hibernate3.1.3, which can utilise all of the new features except for Object API and multiple session factories each using a different ehcache CacheManager. A new net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.EhCacheProvider makes those additional features available to Hibernate-3.1.3. A version of the new provider should make it into the Hibernate3.2 release.
- Tested with ehcache-constructs.
- Apache 2.0 license.
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
EHCache 1.2 released
EHCache 1.2 has been released. The 1.2 release of ehcache has many new features like support for distributed caching, new cache update policies (FIFO and LFU), having multiple cahce managers in a single machine etc. The full list of features available in ehcache 1.2 are :