- Diagnostic Image Capture: Creates a diagnostic snapshot from the server that can be used for post-failure analysis.
- Archive: Captures and persists data events, log records, and metrics from server instances and applications.
- Instrumentation: Adds diagnostic code to WebLogic Server instances and the applications running on them to execute diagnostic actions at specified locations in the code, usually at the beginning or end of a method (achieved using AspectJ) . The Instrumentation component provides the means for associating a diagnostic context with requests so they can be tracked as they flow through the system.
- Harvester: Captures metrics from run-time MBeans, including WebLogic Server MBeans and custom MBeans, which can be archived and later accessed for viewing historical data.
- Watches and Notifications: Provides the means for monitoring server and application states and sending notifications based on criteria set in the watches.
- Logging services: Manages logs for monitoring server, subsystem, and application events.
WLDF was a new feature in WebLogic Server 9.0. WLDF enables dynamic access to server data through standard interfaces, and the volume of data accessed at any given time can be modified without shutting down and restarting the server.